The Tucker Trimmer tool was designed to help quilter's quickly and easily trim down units that are made with triangles: half square triangle squares, quarter square triangle squares (hourglass units), and combinations of half square and quarter square triangle squares (combination units). It has multiple diagonals which allow you to align ruler guide lines with unit seam lines to quickly locate the exact center of pieced units. This makes trim down easy,precise, and perfect every time. No more figuring, or guessing, or struggling to find a center point, and you can see it demonstrated on our free online video demo. I use it for much more than just trimming however and consider it my "must have" tool every time I head to my cutting table. The third in the Tucker Trimmer series of rulers, this version of our Tucker Trimmer is used for any block or unit that is larger than a 6" finished block size. It has all of the sizes of the Tucker Trimmer 1 plus thirteen additional size options up to and including trimming blocks to 13" (that will finish to 12 ½" when sewn). I love to use this tool to trim down my Lemoyne Star blocks made with my Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star tool and any type of block that needs to be trimmed and squared to a specific size. A terrific tool with all the same benefits as the original Tucker Trimmer.
- You will receive (1) Tucker Trimmer 1 and (1) Tucker Trimmer 3 quilting tools.
- Ruler size - Tucker Trimmer 1: 7" x 7" and Tucker Trimmer 3: 13" x 13"
- Unit sizes available on tools - Tucker Trimmer 1: 11 unit size options from 1" finished to 6" finished in half inch increments (trim sizes 1½" to 6½"). Tucker Trimmer 3: 24 size options from 1" finished to 12 ½" finished in half inch increments (trim sizes 1 ½" to 13").
- Step by step illustrated instructions for making half square triangle units, hourglass units, and combination units
- Charts for easy conversion of other pattern instructions, instructions for left hand trimming
Superior quality 100% polyester core, polyester wrap thread. Size Tex 40. Slightly thicker than, but almost twice as strong as our TD6K thread. 6,000 yards per spool. Due to dye lot variations, we strongly suggest purchasing more than enough to do the entire job Colors shown may vary based on screen settings. A&E has set the highest level of sustainability compliance in the industry through our Eco-Driven initiatives. A&E workins with some of the world's largest retailers and brands to create the standards for all textile suppliers and retailers. A&E's long-standing commitment to Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS), sustainability, and Social Responsibility continues to be a top priority at all A&E's operations worldwide. It has been widely recognized that enhancing environmental sustainability in operations and in the supply chain is simply the right thing to do, and it is essential to meeting expectations of both customers and stakeholders.
- 100% polyester core, polyester wrap thread.
- Size Tex 40. Slightly thicker than, but almost twice as strong as our TD6K thread.
- 6,000 yards per spool.
- Due to dye lot variations, we strongly suggest purchasing more than enough to do the entire job
- Colors shown may vary based on screen settings.